If you are a brewer shipping hops into a state that's different from where your brewery is located, things get a little tricky. Here's how to navigate that when shipping into...

  1. NH, OR, MT, AK, DE: Nothing needs to be done!

  2. MD, MA, MS, TN: Unfortunately, this isn't possible because these states require the buyer to register. No exceptions can be made. You'll need to cancel the order.

  3. CA, CT: Fill out the form and put an explanation in the ID field (ie "PA brewery. No sales in CA.")

  4. NY: Fill out the form - there should be a separate checkbox to signify that you're out-of-state.

  5. PA: Fill out the form and put an explanation in the "Other exemption reason" field (ie "CT brewery. No sales in PA.")

  6. FL: Create a support ticket asking us to send you the Tangible Personal Property for Resale by a Nonresident Dealer Statement form

  7. LA: Create a support ticket aksing us to send you La. Form No. R-1079: Purchase for Resale by a Foreign Purchaser

  8. VA: Fill out Virginia Form ST-11 and enter "Not registered in VA" for the VA id number and enter an explanation (ie "NC brewer, not registered in VA, working with contract brewer in VA") for the Type of Business field.

  9. All other states (AL, AZ, AR, CO, GA, IA, ID, IN, IL, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NC, ND, OH, OK, RI, SC, SD, TX, UT, WA, WV, WI, WY). Fill out the form and put your state tax number on there along with a note anywhere that says something like ie "Washington brewery, not selling in Colorado, only shipping there for processing.”